Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chemo #2

As I update this time, I'm sitting here hooked up to some part of my chemo regimen. (Don't know what, just early in the process!! :)

As I saw the Doctor this morning; she reports that all looks good. Blood counts have been great for the three weeks between treatments, so THANK THE LORD for the shot that I did for that!!

Keri (for those of you who don't know, is my AWESOME sister) is with me today. We have lots to keep us entertained!! (magazines; the computer; and each other!!)

The other hurdle that I face today is the hair issue~ It has started to 'thin' more and more each day that goes by. So; not sure what will come of the rest of the day!! As this is happening, it has become more difficult than I thought it would be. I am a tough girl; and hair is not going to 'get me down' however, the initial adjustment period is going to be the hardest part, I fear.

It isn't the fact that my hair is coming out. And, those of you who see me all the time know that it isn't because I'm really particular about my hair. BUT, I THINK it is the fact that it is such a prominent part of me. It doesn't define who I am; nor does it take away from who I am.

I also dread the 'looks' from people. And, the comments for those well meaning people who try to make me feel better. ("It's JUST hair"~which is very true; however, these kinds of statements aren't always the most comforting!!)

I do have 'back up hair'' and a couple of hats, and doo rags~ so I'm ready. Just see the hurdle in front of me and know that the form is being taken to jump....

I am feeling much better about Chemo #2 today. I have knowledge to be able to ask questions; therefore the nurses/doctor are able to better help and direct me! So; I feel confident that (while it won't be fun) it will be more tolerable this time. We'll see.....

Thank you, friends, for your prayers. Please feel free to leave comments and thoughts!! They really mean a lot to me!!

Don't waste opportunities today!! God has you in places for His Divine appointments~ so; don't be wasteful!!!

Lovin' you~

8 comments:

  1. Thinking about you and praying for you today and everyday! I know that your hair doesn't define you, but I think that you might grieve just a little at the loss. And that's okay.

    Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have answered a prayer for me today in your post. And yes it is just hair but it is your hair and just like Cindy said there has to be a grief period. Give it some time - grieve over - pull up your boot straps and move on. You are doing wonderful.. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for and with you. Feel whatever emotions come. God gave 'em to you for a reason, my friend. Love you.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for you, Krista. You know, as I was reading your update and you mentioned your hair thinning, I found tears coming to my eyes. I know it's "only hair" and it doesn't make a person, but I also imagine that it makes the whole thing seem even more real (not that it wasn't real before). It's not selfish or vain to grieve the loss of your hair... I expect that if we were truthful we'd all admit that we'd be feeling the same way. You've been through so much the past several months, and I admire your courage and your faith. You are an inspiration, and I feel priviledged to have come to know you as I have. I love ya, friend, and am praying for you each step of the way. If you ever need me, I'm only a click away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Krista, Lifting you and your family up to our Lord this day. May He give you a restful and peaceful day as the medications do their thing. We'll ask God for what we need tomorrow, when tomorrow gets here! Thank you for sharing your heart and your faith through this journey. Love, Shelby and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Friend....TomiMarch 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM

    Krista,
    Just want you to know we are praying for you. You are a strong lady and you make me proud with your witness.

    Our emotions are an important part of who we are. God gave us emotions;therefore go ahead, let others see you have them and they're working just fine.

    Big HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand the hair thing. That will be hard...no doubt about it. As the other ladies have already said (much better than I can), grieve the loss and don't beat yourself up for feeling sad about hair. Praying for you everyday. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted you to know how beautiful you looked Wednesday night! You are such an encouragement to everyone - bless you...Love, Shelby

    ReplyDelete