Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Half Way.... a good place to be!!

Good afternoon everyone! HOpe this finds you doing well. Gonna try to give you a quick update on the past few weeks!!

Yesterday (monday) was Chemo #3; officially the half way point!! YAY!!! I am so hoping that means it is down hill from here. (But, preparing for it not to be!)

My blood count continues to stay at good levels, so that is good!! I also continue to have good energy levels, except for the week of chemo.

I see no reason that this won't continue to go as well as it has so far. Time will tell.....

I also saw the plastic surgeon yesterday. The leaking issue with my incision that we've battled for several weeks is still there; however, it is improving. She has kept it stitched for several weeks in hopes that will promote the healing necessary. yesterday, she unstitched; then re-stitched. She says that the place is closing up; just taking time.

There is STILL NO SIGN OF INFECTION from this site; and that is a huge relief. She was concerned with chemo I would be 'compromised' but that hasn't been an issue so far.

I will see her again early next week.

I have adjusted to my new hair cut pretty well. I have worn both my 'new' hair and doo rags; and each have been fine. I was worried that my new hair would look fake. It does not. A couple of people commented on my new cut, etc and wanted to feel of it... and I have had to do some heavy ducking!! (And, explaining!) So, it has passed the 'real looking' test several times!! So, that is good!!

I think this catches you up on all the 'excitement' from the Miller's household.

I will return to school in the next few weeks; and in that time will also prepare for our oldest to graduate. So, I am afraid this next hurdle will be quite the emotional roller coaster (but, I've kind of gotten used to that!!)

Thank you for your continued prayers/support!!! Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling well today! Will be praying for graduation as well. I know it is a bittersweet thing to send your babies off into the world.

    Doing a happy dance for you for the downhill stretch.

    Love you,

    Cin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your incision is in the process of healing! As for the graduation, I can imagine how that's affecting you and Chris, as I can hardly believe he's ready to graduate! It seems like only yesterday . . .

    Love you bunches and bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you across the room at church Sunday and thought you looked real good. Your hair definitely passes the "real" test. Good choice. Love you and still praying for you.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half- way- WHEW! That is great news! I love the new doo and the doo rag. How did the new patterned scarf work out?
    Can't wait for you to return to school!
    RJ

    ReplyDelete