Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MRSA, week two

Just thought I'd give a quick update on how things are going.

As you probably know, I was diagnosed last week with MRSA.  At that time I was prescribed an antibiotic that I've been on and will finish at the 2 week mark.

I was told I should be able to tell a difference within a few days, and I did!!

I have been able to tolerate the antibiotics well.  My stomach has not had any issues, and for that I am very thankful!!

I have had a dry incision for over a week, and the other leakage (at the drain tube site) has also stopped completely.  There has been no more fluid collection in this area....

So, all signs point to being on the right track!!!!!
I am feeling much better as the days go by and have felt more like myself this week than I have in a really long time.  (Which makes me think I've been fighting this infection for a while!!)

I AM going to get to go on the Youth Mission trip.  We will leave this weekend... and, I  am so excited!!!  I am gathering stuff to do Summer Day Camp while we are there for the children in the neighborhood.  So, I am excited to actually be 'doing' something after all this time!!!

I am so very thankful to have found this MRSA diagnosis, as it gives us answers to many questions that we've had for a while (3-4 months!!).

Could you please pray with me these things?
~Safety in travel for our trip to New Orleans
~Healthy people while there.  It is quite hot/humid and we will be right in it all day.
~My stamina/health while we are gone.


Thanks everyone for your prayers!!  I am doing really good right now!!  Praying that will be the case from here on out!!!

Until next time.......

2 comments:

  1. This is great news...no more leakage! I loved your comment on FB about being bandage free! Hope that your trip is FUN! Be careful an don't overdo it!
    Love you!
    RJ

    ReplyDelete