Hey everyone!!
Just wanted to give you a quick update on things that are happening!!
I have surgery set for September 3. This will be to replace the expander (implant) that had to be removed back in the spring. This will put me back to square one!! From that point, I'll travel to the doctor's office approximately every two weeks to be 'filled up.' Once this process is finished, I will have one more surgery to replace the temporary implants with the permanent ones.
I am still doing the Herceptin treatment. This is the antibody that teaches my body to fight the HER2 protein that my cancer fed from. I will do this every three weeks until March. (If I counted right, that is only 10 more times!!) This is 'non-toxic' and does not make me sick, tired, etc.
I am growing hair!! It has begun to 'come back' and I am so excited!! If I happen to bump in to you somewhere, I will show you!! Many people have predicted how it would come back (straight, curly, dark or light). So far, it is a good bit darker than my 'old' hair... but I don't think it is curly. Last night, I was re-tying my doo-rag; and got a few hairs caught in the knot!! That was COOL!!!!
School has started back!! The girls and I are trying to settle into a routine. It is taking me much longer than usual to do this, and it is driving me crazy!! I am realizing that just because i'm done with chemo, its effects aren't done with me!! (I am still slightly on the anemic side. This doesn't help!!)
We've taken Gabe to school, and he continues to adjust. Football camp/practice has been good, but very different. He hasn't started classes yet. His schedule seems good for a first semester freshman. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, he'll have a routine, too. Things sure are different around here without him!! (We are still in the process of adjusting, too!)
I am thankful that there is nothing really 'exciting' to report....having said that, I'm excited that things seem to FINALLY be progressing!!
This is also "Judgement House" season coming up. THAT is exciting!!!
If you don't mind, please pray for the following for our family:
~Everyone to settle into a routine and feel good with new routines.
~Upcoming surgery that it will be successful (no infections!!!!)
~Energy level to return... anemia to go away...
Thanks friends!!!
Look for something in every situation to be thankful for. Might not make sense at the time, but, will do wonders for your attitude!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great update! Love your new hair. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteLeah