Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labor Day Weekend...

Ahhh, a long weekend!!  Don't we just love the thought of having a 4 day work week?  This weekend is traditionally spent by celebrating the last little bit of summer before the beautiful Fall season is upon us.  This year, I'll be celebrating, but not the last little bit of summer!  I'll be celebrating that I am recovering from surgery!! I know that doesn't sound like much of a celebration, but, this means I am able to make some progress!!

Friday morning, September 3, I will have surgery to replace the tissue expander (implant) that was removed because of the fluid issues back in the spring!  I will be at Northside, ATlanta and will be there only as outpatient!

On Tuesday (following Labor Day) I will have the next Herceptin treatment.  My boodwork is still a little out of whack, so I will have magnesium in my infusion, as well.  Hopefully, this will boost it enough to return to the 'normal' state and I won't have to worry about it any more!!  (I am told low magnesium can contribute to my tiredness... SO ready for that to be over!!)

There IS exciting news today!! (Not that the other things were not exciting)
For the first time in several months, I am wearing mascara on my little eyelashes!!  AND, my hair is growing in very dark and thick!!  (although, on the top, it is a big gray... not a little bit, but a big bit!!)

So, things are moving right along, and I'm looking forward to being a step closer to the finish line of this road!!

Would you mind praying for the following things?
~Doctors, nurses, all staff at Northside that will be involved with my care
~A good night's sleep for me and Chris tonight
~NO EXCESS FLUID this time!!!
~NO MRSA!!!!!!
~Speedy and complete recovery
~Blood levels to return to normal

Thanks everyone!!  Hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend!!  Look for things to celebrate!  Doesn't matter how large or small, if it is to be celebrated, CELEBRATE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying! I am so excited to be able to love on your girls! Kelsey chatted me on FB and said that she was excited. We are going to have so much fun. And we will pray for you tonight before bed and in the morning when they get up! Love you.

    ReplyDelete