I just realized that I've not been a very faithful blogger lately. That is both a good and bad thing!! It is good, because that means there has been nothing much to update!! Bad, because I guess you didn't know that! Sorry....
Which brings me to today: In the morning, I will have surgery. This is my 'exchange' surgery that will replace my temporary implants with the permanent ones. This is the last big hurdle that I will have to jump in the list of my recovery things!!!! And, just in time for the end of the year!!
If all had gone as 'planned'.... I would have easily been able to have all these hurdle completed by now. That isn't really how I do things, as you know by now!! I so wanted to have this done in this year, 2010, so I can just write it off as finished!!! God was good to provide that for me.
This surgery will be outpatient. We have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and should be on the road for home by lunchtime or so!! (Just in time to stop and get some Chick-Fil-A!!!)
Everyone tells me this will be the easiest of the things I've faced so far. We'll see, I guess.
So, if you wouldn't mind praying, yet again, for us, I'd sure appreciate it!!
~Please pray for the team of doctors, nurses, etc. Please pray they will have a good night's rest tonight, and will be ready to take good care of me (and Chris)!
~Please pray I don't get any stomach bug or crud that has been going around.... pre or post surgery.
~Please pray for my children. They are all doing great. I so want them to be peaceful about this, and they seem to be.
I am hopeful that your perspective on Christmas is Christ centered ~ Take a few minutes out of the busy-ness of the season just to let it sink in... what this season really means...... THIS is the time that God began His process of healing for all of us. He sent His Son, Jesus, in order that we might be 'healed' of our sin. No longer do we have to rely on someone else to approach the Throne for us, but WE can do that ourselves. What a personal God we have. So, I would encourage you to take those few minutes... It might just be a time you need.....
Merry Christmas to you all. I will post tomorrow to let you know how things are!!
Love you all.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment