I"m sure you probably have heard of the Susan G. Komen, "3Day" ~ participants walk 60 miles in 3 days (whew!!) A few weeks ago, my sister sent an email to join someone's team for the Susan G. Komen, "Race for the Cure"~ This is much different than the 3 day!! It is a 1 mile or 5K race. Families are encouraged to sign up and participate together. You can walk (thank the Lord!!)!! It is held on May 7, 2011 at Atlantic Station in Atlanta.
I have formed a team of my very own!! :) I am excited about this because:
~I am well enough to participate!!!!!!!!!!
~It will be fun!!
~There are those who have cheered me on this whole way signing up to be 'on my team'!!!!
~For those who have never seen anyone live to tell about their cancer journey... I will be there!! They can look at ME!!
~Did I mention it will be fun??
Here is the information about the race, and a link to take you to my page. IF you are interested in joining my team and have questions, please let me know!!!
Of course, there is an emphasis on raising funds for further research, and I do support that cause. I don't want my daughters, or sister... or anyone else I know to have to endure breast cancer. Please understand, this is NOT a plea for money from you. I am participating in this event for ME. I am using this as a signal that I am FINISHED... I will CROSS THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!! (and would love to have you there with me!!)
Hello friends,
I am going to participate in the Susan G Komen, Race for the Cure this coming May 7! This is a 1 mile or 5K walk/run. When I first learned of this event, I was pretty excited to think I am well enough to participate, then the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be fun to have a team participate with me!! So, I've formed a team!!
Krista's team: KBB, Operation R837
The "R837" is Romans 8:37 which says, ".... In all these things, we are more than conquerors".... This verse has gotten me through many days when I didn't feel much like a conqueror of anything at all. I now am much closer to the finish line in my treatments than those 'down' days where I would pull this verse out and use it a lot...
I am copying/pasting a 'letter' that I sent as an email to some. If you would like to join my team, I welcome you!! I am in the process of designing a T Shirt; and will post ASAP. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED to participate or donate. Just giving you the opportunity!!
I am not much for fundraising, and that is not the point of my participation of this event. For me, it is simply to signify that I am ABLE to participate and to show the world (and myself) that I am BETTER!!!!!!
There are a couple of links at the bottom of this letter that look like you'll have to copy and past into your web browser. If you have trouble, please let me know. Thanks!!!!
Krista
Hey!!!I recently accepted the challenge to participate in the 2011 Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure. As part of this committment, I am helping to build my team to support the Atlanta Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure in its efforts to END BREAST CANCER FOREVER.Please support me by becoming a member of my team! I am looking for my friends and family to join me in supporting this very worthwhile cause. Becoming a team member is easy! All you need to do is click on the link below and select "Join Team" to register as a member of my team.Remember, one person can make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. Susan G. Komen for the Cure was founded by one sister making a promise to another sister. You can be a part of this this promise and the Cure! Our promise of a world without breast cancer does not just rest in the hands of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It is up to you, our community of survivors and co-survivors, to stand united with us until the promise is fulfilled and the cures are found.In reading about this event, I became more and more interested in actually completing the race/walk myself. As I thought about it over time, I decided this would be a GREAT way for me to prove to myself (and maybe others) that I HAVE become a Conqueror in this situation!! The "Operation R837 comes from Romans 8:37 which says, "... in all these things we are MORE THAN conquerors." This verse got me through many days of my process.Please consider joining my team and participating in the event, but PLEASE do NOT feel obligated in any way!! I am not a good fundraiser, and for me, that is not the point of my participation in this event. My participation is simply a statement of my life as being a mighty, victorious warrior!!!I look forward to seeing you on race day!Sincerely,Krista
Click here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://race.komenatlanta.org/site/TR?px=1320966&pg=personal&fr_id=1070&et=T6HYV_JMHQ8YOM9iEncVtw..&s_tafId=14970
Click here to view the team page for K.B.B. Operation R831If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://race.komenatlanta.org/site/TR?team_id=19720&pg=team&fr_id=1070&et=b4IOeKGk1mSCLA8ZFOzkeg..&s_tafId=14970
If you no longer wish to receive email messages sent from your friends on behalf of this organization, please click here or paste this URL into your browser:http://race.komenatlanta.org/site/TellFriendOpt?action=optout&toe=c0be29b5e0b4ca9610a65ad340c3955fb66e9e984cd56f72
Yay!!! So thankful for your healing!! Love you!
ReplyDelete