Thank you for your prayers today as I had my first follow up visit with the Plastic Surgeon! She was very pleased with my healing progress.
I saw the nurse, the PA and the doctor, and all agreed I was doing great!!
I was able to have one of the four drain tubes removed, and hopefully, the rest will follow soon!! As they are ready to come out, I can have someone locally do that, won't have to drive the 2 hours to have it done!! (Thank the LORD)
There were 2 little places that needed a little extra TLC, but NO signs of infection could be found!!
So, a great visit. I go back in 2 weeks. If, at that time I am still doing well, they will begin injecting fluids into the expanders. I will go every two weeks until my expanders have expanded to the 'right' size.
Chris told me if I was a good girl I could get a prize. So, he let me sit in the car while he ran in Target (what a good man, huh? Hee hee). He got what he needed at Target, and happened to remember something on up the road, so we found another Target~ and this time, I was able to GO IN!!! (In my jammies!!) IT was SO nice to just stroll around and not have any particular agenda.
I so enjoyed the ride today. What a beautiful day and just enjoyed being 'out'!!
I also was 'cleared' to take a REAL shower.... so, when we got home, that is exactly what I did!!! I washed my OWN hair and did my OWN shower!!! What a sweet feeling that is!!
I was feeling so good that I decided that I would go to Katie's basketball game. So, we loaded up all my pillows and off we went!! Apparently, the refs don't care if Katie's mom just had major surgery, they still called poorly!! IT was good to be there and see her play.
All in all, this has been a roller coaster day. Not really sure what to expect at the doctor's visit, not sure how I'd handle the ride, not sure if I'd 'over do" today with the trip down and back. BUT one thing I AM sure of is this: God is so good. He has proven to be my strength today. I am very tired, but NOTHING like I 'should' be.....
I have the greatest support system ever!! Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And we have the greatest person to support!!! So thankful for the good report. YOu are loved, my friend, you are loved. Not only by Jesus, but by a whole lot of Blairsvillians!!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that I laughed outloud when I read that you went into Tar-gay in your jammies. What a hoot!!
Love ya,
Leah
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;He will never let the righteous fall."
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of PJ's hehee???? Love ya, Shirley
hey! Where's the picture of you in your PJ's going into Target????? And I KNOW you weren't in a Target in Blairsville :)))))))
ReplyDeleteLove you and so glad you had a great day! God is so good isn't He!
Kim
Krista,
ReplyDeleteOur prayers are with you and the family. What good news on your followup visit. Keep on doing good and we look forward to seeing you soon.
May God's blessings continue to pour out over you. Healing and rest we wish for you.
A Girl After My Own Heart, Target!!! Love IT :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so Glad You had a good report and Feel well enough to want to be out and about. GOD IS GOOD!
I'm Sure Katie Bug was so Proud to have her Momma at her Game Also. Prayers and Hugs xoxo
~Stacy
Hey Krista
ReplyDeleteSooo glad you got a good report.. (I Knew you would) and so happy you got to get out and have a nice day and evening.. I so much enjoyed our visit on friday evening.. I still have lots of food coming your way so keep your appetite up .. hugs and kisses to you
cheryl
I am so thankful that you are doing well. Target in your jammies sounds fun. Praying for you. Love you.
ReplyDeleteKrista,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is so full of joy and thankfulness to our precious savior for the grace, love, mercy, peace, healing, strength, and support He has given to you. Mom told me about your surgery. I wish I could be there to be with you. You will never know how very much you mean to me. I love you so very much, and I am thankful that I can be a part of your prayer team, lifting you and your family to Jesus daily!! I think of you throughout the day. Please know that I love you and am checking on you often. I love you my sister!!! Lynn