Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pre-Op stuff

Good morning, everyone.
The latest event in this journey is the Pre Op process! I just got off the phone with the hospital and will go tomorrow to sign the consent papers, etc. Everything is a process, isn't it??

I continue to be amazed with the people that are affiliated with the hospital/doctors offices. I was concerned with it being such a big place that treats many people, that I'd become a number. That has not been the case whatsoever!!

Each time I've had to call or visit, God has put someone in my path that has encouraged and cared for me! What a great thing to feel like people really do care about ME!!

Today marks the 'one week till surgery' mark. Feeling a few little butterflies every now and then. NOT doubting the choices I've made. NOT doubting I am doing the right thing. NOT doubting the doctors. NOT doubting my Heavenly Father. Just knowing what is coming.... kind of a bittersweet thing. Knowing this surgery will be the first in a series of steps that will help my body; but dreading it.... (kind of don't like pain!!)

So... if you've ever wondered if it is possible to feel total peace and be nervous at the same time. I say the answer is YES, you can!!

Are you peaceful today? Are you fully relying on that Still Small Voice to guide you? Even in the midst of storms, that can happen... you just gotta let it!!!! Happy Day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Praying with and for you, my friend. I do understand the peace/nervous thing. I think that is just part of wearing this tent of flesh. Thanks for the update. Love ya,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and understand what you are talking about know that I am praying for you and feeling a strong peace about everything..

    Love you

    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. God keeps affirming His unwavering sense of calm and control as I journey in life alongside all of you (my church family and fellow sojourners). It makes the journey so much sweeter to watch Him work in ways that compel us to praise Him in these storms. I'm so greatful to be the daughter of such a powerful father--aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krista, I am a friend of Keri's, my name is Sandi McCormick and I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. God is an awesome God as you well know and keep looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Cindy's. I want to let you know that I went through a similar situation a few years back. HE pulled me through. I am here and well. HE will pull you through too. Please know you are in my prayers.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista - you know I am and will continue to pray for you during this journey. I too know the wonderful peace that only comes from our Father during a difficult time. Love you.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista, Please know you all have been in out prayers and thoughts daily. ~ Love to you all~

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete