Just a quick update of today's activities (at least, I'll try to keep it quick....)
late on Friday we discovered one of my remaining drain tubes had come unsecured. So, we kept it taped and stabalized as best we could over the weekend, thanks to nurse friends!!
Last night before bed, the tube had stopped working, it would no longer draw the extra fluid from my body. So, we called the doctor first thing this morning, and of course the wanted to see me.
When get there, they removed that one drain, and jokingly I said that it would NOT hurt my feelings to go ahead and remove the last one while we were there. Well, they did!!!!!! I was so excited!!!
BUT, once they removed it, there had been a clog in part of the tube, and only a little fluid was being allowed into the actual drain. So, thankfully, we were in the doctor's office~with the doctor because the flood gates were opened and much fluid was released!! Nothing bad, just happened.
Other than this excitement that was really funny in hindsight; my progress was satisfactory!! I will go back in one week for her to check to make sure everything is still ok. I will also begin to 'expand' at that time.
Please continue to pray for speedy recovery and 'correct' healing. I am doing really good, but still a lot more sore than I want to be. I am reminded very quickly that I am not "up to par' yet!!
I also understand that some of you have had issues with posting comments, and I apologize. If I understand the settings, I have it set for anyone to be able to add a comment. If you'd rather send me a personal email message, you can do so at the following address:
ckmiller5@gmail.com
Thanks everyone!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you my friend.
ReplyDeleteGood by, drain tubes!! Hallelujah!! So thankful that those are gone. Praying the progress continues wonderfully.
ReplyDeleteLeah
God is so good to us at just the right times isn't He! SO GLAD the drain tubes are out and that things are moving ahead smoothly. Love you so much and praying still for continued recovery.
ReplyDeleteIsn't is amazing how extra "stuff" attached to our bodies makes us feel so weighted down...gee, I bet there is a message there! Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. We continue to pray for you and your whole family. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Shelby and Bob
ReplyDelete