Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow and Travel

Hey everyone!! Not sure where you live, but we've just experienced the prettiest snow I remember seeing in a really long time. Perfect for playing in... and that we (and by we I mean I watched!!) did!! What fun!!!!

I have another doctors appointment in Atlanta on Monday, Feb 15. Seemingly, that isn't a problem. However, it is pouring snow as I type this, and we have 3-5 inches predicted before noon tomorrow, which happens to also be Feb. 15. It is at least a 2 hour drive for us to get to ATlanta to the doctor's office.

There has been some swelling and redness that we've been watching and keeping in contact with the doctor's office about, therefore, this appointment NEEDS to happen (have I mentioned that I am terrified of getting an infection??).

So, Chris and I are going down to spend the night in order for us to be there safely. We will get out of town before dark; and hopefully arrive safely there with no road worries tonight.

Please pray for us to be safe as we travel both today and tomorrow. Also, please pray for our children, who will be home (with several neighbors close by) not to have worries about our safety; and my doctor's appointment..... we are going to try to call first thing in the morning to see if they can take me earlier, and hopefully get home quicker!!

Thank you, blogger friends, for praying.

I went to church for the first time since my surgery this morning. It was good to see many faces that I've missed greatly. Attendance was low due to the road conditions but it was still good to be back!!

On this Valentines day, I hope that you will look at those around you and realized how blessed you are. We don't always get along; or even LIKE each other. BUT LOVE goes much deeper than that!! So, I challenge you today to examine just how blessed you are. And... tell people you love them. Even if it is awkward, do it!! Do not find yourself looking over someone's grave and regretting anything. Live your life so that you can say that you've lived, loved and laughed every day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your travel and for your appointment tomorrow. Be careful.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Atlanta Sunday night (and Monday night) with Laura. Too bad I didn't know you guys were there. Maybe we could have gone out to dinner. Hope you had a good doctor's visit. Laura and I went to the aquarium on Monday and had a great time. It was nice to have a mother/daughter couple of days. I have missed that. Hopefully I'll see you Sunday. Love you and continuing to pray for you.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete