Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chemo #1; Day 4

Well. I haven't updated here because there really has been nothing to report. I have been thankful for a roof over my head these last 4 days, because I'm sure buzzards would have been circling had I not been inside!!

I have been on the couch, in the recliner or in the bed since Wednesday afternoon; and understand that is quite normal. I have learned to take my nausea meds even if I think I don't need to. That helped a lot once I realized to do that.

The shot I got to boost my White Blood Cells; and it was a booger. It 'can' give you flu-like symptoms; but the thing for me was soreness in my legs (just achy). SO.... thank goodness it wasn't all over!

So~ IF I am on the downhill side of this; then I have much to be thankful for!!
~No huge side effects
~return of energy
~rest
~no sickness :)

I am still not back to 'normal' but this evening, I've done more than I have in the last few days put together (and that still isn't saying much!!)

I will have an appointment for more Herceptin on Monday morning, then an appointment with Plastic Surgeon on Monday afternoon. So, obviously, Monday will be busy.

I was hoping to return to work this coming week. Please pray that I make a wise decision about the return!!

Please also pray for the following items:
~energy to return to normal
~good rest at night
~good reports on MOnday (Still battling the leaky incision but it is much better!!)
~whatever else you can think of!!

Thank you, my blog friends. You are precious to me!!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your returned energy, decisions about returning to work and a safe trip to the ATL tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am praying for your trip to Atlanta today, improved energy and also your decision about going back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krista, we have gotten home from a mission trip to India and looked forward to seeing how things have been with you.I've read the blog and have been impressed with your sweet "transparency" and determination. I am so glad that you have the minimal side effects. Please know we are part of that "army" praying for you and the family. Today I've been studying the 16th chapter of John. What a great comfort to know that no matter what the trial, Jesus is the with us and is the victor! Take care, Krista. Love you, T. Goolsby

    ReplyDelete