Good evening, all. I am awake.... late, and thought I'd write a little.
Hopefully, you are fast asleep as I write this. WIth that having been said, I am also hopeful this will make sense in the day light!!
As I've mentioned before, my first chemo will be in just a few short hours.... My appointment is at 10:50 on Tuesday, March 2. (They called and moved it just in case the snow was really coming.... )
I am not nervous. Not really anxious. Not really anything. Just kind of wondering.....
As for chemo there are a lot of unknowns, and that is what I do NOT like.... Give me an idea of what I am up against, and I can take on the world. Put me in something 'blind' and I don't do quite so well. But, if we knew everything, there would be no need for faith, would there??
Chris will be going with me tomorrow. There will be a 'crash course' in what we need to do/watch for/take care of, then they will hook me up!! They told us to plan to be there 5-6 hours tomorrow. So, we'll see.
I will try to update tomorrow evening sometime.
As for today, I had an appointment with the Plastic Surgeon. I am supposed to go every two weeks to get fluid in my 'tissue expanders' (these are the temporary implants that allow my muscle/skin to stretch as I "grow")..... There have been some drain tube issues; but we thought the fluid issues were resolved. Early last week, the incision on my left side began to 'weep' a little. Fluid had built up in a 'pocket' and had found an easy way 'out'.... so that was checked today.
She drained some fluid from that area....apparently, a fair amount. She told me she was going to start calling me, "Fluid Lady" or something. (maybe you could suggest some catchy names, and I'll pass them on....) Anyway.... I will be going back next Monday for her to make sure there is no additional fluid build up in that area, and check for infection. (THere were NO SIGNS of infection today. She felt the fluid was 'clear' and didn't even send it to the lab.) So, next week will be completely precautionary.
I am NOT in ANY pain with this (thank the Lord). It is just more aggravating than anything.
Those of you who know me well, know I usually find it hard to ask for things for myself. I am learning it is alright to ask.... so, let me practice.....
Please, over the next few days, pray the following for me and my family:
~(Might be awkward for some of you 'man' friends... hee hee) Please pray for my left incision to stop leaking!!! I really am tired of that aggravation; and with chemo, my immune system is compromised, and I dn't want to worry about infection there. (I worry a little more because I am still quite numb in that area, so I cannot tell if it is tender, or sore. Therefore, infection might progress before we really realized it, therefore, I might worry a little more!!)
~Please pray (again) for the weather situation. Please pray IF it is to snow that we will have safe travels (we will only be going to Blue Ridge, Ga... so it isn't a long drive... but in the weather, it becomes quite long enough).
~Please pray for rest for us. Chris isn't sleeping as well as I'd like for him to, but he informed me that his sinuses have been bothering him. I have taken steriods today in order to help with side effects. So, I'm a little wired!!!
~Please pray for the days ahead... I know for some people side effects take a few days to 'kick in'.... so... please continue to pray. I am not going into this with any 'hopes' of dodging the bullet... just not sure what to expect....
~Please pray for my children to know kind of how to handle this whole thing. I know many of you have prayed for them this whole time, and I appreciate that more than you know. They want to help so bad, but really aren't quite sure what to do!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, blog friends for letting me be Transparent without any judgement!! That is HUGE. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my last post!!!
Until tomorrow night..... (I get more steriods tomorrow!! hee hee)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for tomorrow my sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteKrista,
ReplyDeleteI love you so very much, and I am praying for God's peace and comfort for you and your precious family. Please continue to keep us posted about your progress as you feel like it. We want to know what to specifically pray for. I love you!!!
Me again....it wouldn't let me post my name, so just wanted you to know who anonymous is....funny...now it's decided to allow my info....go figure!!!
ReplyDeleteSO many things to be thankful for : No pain
ReplyDeleteGreat kids and Hubby
Your attitude
All the people that love you and are praying
That you have a easy day today(if there is such a thing as an easy chemo day)
The GRACE that GOD gives us each day
That HE will be there with you today
That we will be there with you today
You are in my prayers as well as your wonderful family. God has His hand on you all and He will guide you through this new journey.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Bubbie
I immediately thought we should change your name to "Flo" (you know that I love you enough to kid you on a day like today). I am praying for you and I have a--pajamas on sipping hot chocolate watching it snow kind of--comforting peace projected toward you. I want God to let you know He has so got this under control that you can feel that sort of warmth. I love you.
ReplyDeleteOkay - I'm in total agreement with Channy for "Flo" - fitting :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I love you bunches and I'm praying - haven't stopped and won't until this is ALL behind us!!!!
sorry - it's me again - if you find yourself up too late because of the steroids just remember I'm an hour behind you and am probably still up myself! I've experienced the "steriod" no sleep effect myself and no that it is no fun!!!
ReplyDeletehello FLO! love the name! Hope all went well today and of course I will continue to pray for all of you! Let me know what I can do to help!
ReplyDeleteLove ya Sister!