Tuesday, March 2, 2010

During.... Chemo #1

Well. Thank you blog friends..those who know me, and those who don't, but your are willing to give of yourself and lift my measly needs before the Creator..... quite the humbling experience.... have no words to describe....

Have you read about the 'peace that passes understanding'??? Well. That would be the closest I can come to describing.

As I write this, I am sitting in my comfy recliner, wrapped up in my Ga Bulldog snuggie, watching TV, listening to my ipod in one ear, and writing... Multi-tasking at its best.

As I wrote last night, my appt was changed to later in the morning... just incase the weather happened as predicted. Well, we had a BEAUTIFUL snow again this morning. And, if we'd come at the original 8:30 time, we'd been fine!! We didn't.

Getting to the four lane road to go to Blue Ridge was the worst of the travel. The 4lane had been scraped and salted, so it was 'passable'... but what mess we'd been in if it hadn't been. When we left home, we had a good 3 inches of snow!!

We made it with no problems; and got in, saw the dr. and got started pretty quickly.

As I write this, I am on my last 'drug' of the day... so, about another hour or so, we'll be counting down to chemo #2!!!!

We have gotten an overwhelming amount of information.... One of the nurses has JUST finished a round of treatment for ovarian cancer. She was the one who sat with us and overwhelmed us with the info.... precious lady.

Already, I have fallen in love with the staff here. The doctor an all the nurses/front office people are WONDERFUL, GODLY women.

After Ms. Nurse (don't know her name) spoke with us and answered our questions, she called the other staff in the room over and had prayer with us. What an incredible time!!!

Thank you friend for your prayers.... So often I have prayed for God to do things that we can only look around to figure out what happened and the only answer be that HE has been in the midst. This, today, and been a very real thing that has happened.

Overnight when I had a LOT of time to think/toss/turn/watch V.....Ephesians 3:20 came to mind....
"My God can do MORE than I can ASK or even IMAGINE".... (not directly quoted).... So... in your (or my) wildest dreams, God can go far beyond that!!!!!! THAT has happened today!!!!

So far, I have done great. One of the drugs they gave me, I would have had a reaction to immediately if I was going to, and haven't had one!! YAY.....
Another drug they are giving me generally doesn't show a reaction until the 7th treatment... I won't make it that far... I only have 6!!
The third they are giving me now I've had no initial reaction but perhaps this one takes longer.... (Did I say we had been overhwelmed with info??).... they gave me benadryl.... So... my poor body doesn't know what it wants to do... sleep or have a wide awake time... (steroids)....

Overall, I could not have asked for this to go any smoother!!! The ladies have treated me like a queen; Chris is right by my side, and my friends have allowed me to know just how much they love me....

I will update again when we get home..... but... everything is OK....

I love and appreciate you. You are precious to me~

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing from your heart, Krista! We continue to lift ALL of you up in prayer. You are such an encouragement even going through this uncharted land. Bob and Shelby McPherson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name is Shelley and she is a sweetheart!! I know all those girls and they are precious.

    Praying for you.

    Love ya,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been thinking of you and praying all day. Get home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad #1 is over. Praying for you! Have a safe trip home. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to ya Miller!
    Hope they all go this well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I'm doing this right, but glad you had a safe trip and praying you don't get sick w/all this :) love ya KRISTY (not anonymous)

    ReplyDelete