Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Between...

There hasn't been much to update lately; but I thought I"d give you what there is.....

Chemo #1 went fine. It was a learning time and I think we figured out/asked enough questions to help #2 go a little smoother. Having said that, it wasn't nearly as rough as it could have been and we are very thankful for those things!!

Last week when I went to the Plastic Surgeon; she did a procedure to try to help my leaky incision to heal better and to stop the fluid leakage. That was on Monday and it was doing really good; until Sunday morning! It is not leaking to the extent it was before, but still has not completely stopped. I am not sure what the next step will be in this process and will see her again tomorrow (Thursday).

I really have wanted to try to go back to school. However, the way the Sick Leave Bank is set up, if I do go back I will be docked each day I have to miss from now to the end of the year. So, we are in the process of deciding what to do!!

Many of you know that I am not a good 'stay at home' person... Physically I am doing great; but still cannot do a lot (I would love to clean out some things in the basement, but cannot lift and pull on boxes, etc). So, this staying at home thing is getting old. I miss my students and friends that I work with terribly and I am having a hard time being content!!

So, friends.... that is the update! Not much to report; but that is what is going on. Chemo #2 is next Tuesday.. and I am thankful to kind of know what to expect!!

Is there something going on with you that you are finding it hard to be content with? Do you find yourself questioning God and asking Him why? Can you see that perhaps He may be using this time to grow you?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I've been a horrible friend. I should be checking on you and visiting more often. This week I have a nasty cold. It started this weekend with a sore throat. Didn't go to work on Tues, wanted to stay home on Wed, and I'm out again today...but I'm hoping to get it together to go to the hospital. They may turn me away. Last time I was there they had signs posted all over the place asking people to leave if they were coughing or running a fever. My sister is hoping I'll have to wear a mask :)

    Can you take pictures? Maybe you can pass some time away in photoshop? You do some pretty cool things with pictures. I need to order Clay's graduation invitations. I was looking through Etsy.com this weekend and saw some things that i like. Not sure if I'll try and do the entire project my self or just pay to let someone else do it.

    Love ya..praying the appointment goes well today. I'm headed out to take care of our taxes and then the hospital . See ya'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon,

    It is so hard not to try and take over for God when things aren't going the way we want or expect them to. Surrendering to a time of sitting down is never an easy thing but it is the best thing.

    I know there are projects sitting around that you want to mark off of your "to-do list" but what about your spiritual "to-do list"? Are there people that need your prayers or maybe a telephone call? How about cards or letters sent out to brighten someone's day? What about that personal bible study that you've never quite found the time to start much less complete? Who knows, except God, the reasons for our downtimes but when God is in control only good can come from it!

    I love you and am still praying and as always, let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just thought i'd 'drop" by and see how you are doing...I can understand what you are saying about staying at home and all...for every season of our lives, the Lord has a reason and a purpose...maybe yours is to hang-out and get healed up good... whatever it is, the Lord is faithful and He will give you peace ...always...

    love ya girl!
    niecie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me! I can help you clean stuff out! I can lift boxes and you can tell me what to do with the contents!

    Love you,

    CIn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista, so sorry your hair is thinning. Perhaps those two girls (with so much hair) could share! I was reading the passage from Lamentations 3 this week, and it ministers every time I read it:
    "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
    I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.'
    The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him."

    And I love the passage from Isaiah 40:
    "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
    He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.
    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
    Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

    We love you and pray continually!

    ReplyDelete