Friday, April 2, 2010

A Week Of Firsts

Well, this has been an interesting week or so. It has been a lot of 'firsts'.....
~The sun was shining and the warm temperatures were around for the FIRST time in a long time!! Ahhhhhh..... spring!!
~First time I had to really 'defend' myself with someone trying to talk me into being sick. (interesting story; I might share it sometime, not today)
~First time I've laughed really hard in a long time (thanks, Grandmother!!)
~First time I'd ever gotten a haircut with a set of clippers.
~First time I've worn my 'other' hair.
~First time I've been to the grocery store in a really long time (my children are thankful)

In my last post (I think), I mentioned my 'hair situation' and was, at that time, having a really hard time. At this point, I am doing much better. Still adjusting, but MUCH better.

The 2nd Chemo wasn't nearly as bad as the first. I'm so thankful for whatever made it that way. Maybe I knew better what to expect? Maybe I knew how to better take my meds? Maybe it just wasn't as bad! Wouldn't that be cool if, instead of getting worse with each time, God would let it bet easier with each time?? How cool that could be!!!

I think I also mentioned that I was still having incision difficulties. It is healing well, but apparently, not fast enough to 'hold back' fluid that my body nautrally produces. There is still no sign of infection, but since I've begun chemo, they are watching extra close! I will go on Monday for another appointment with the Plastic Surgeon.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I love reading your comments.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Easter weekend. What an overwhelming time for me this year. To know Jesus endured much worse than Breast Cancer so I could have eternal life!! Man o man!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the chemo was easier this time around. I hope to get by for a visit next week (if you feel up to a visitor). I need to sit with you on your front porch and enjoy this beautiful weather with you!

    Have a Blessed Easter... Bob and I have nursery duty tomorrow so I probably won't get to see you at church. Bob in a roomful of three year-olds....imagine that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you....

    thinking about you....

    asking the Lord for you....

    my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori Salierno spoke recently to our women, and one thing she said is that we need to find something to laugh about EVERY day! Glad to provide your belly laugh for Friday! Stacy says you plan to take your video camera everywhere you go now!

    HAPPY EASTER! I'll be praying for a good doctor's visit on Monday! Love and hugs . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good appt. yesterday. You certainly had a beautiful day for a ride. I have to tell you that you looked beautiful at church. Continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers. Glad to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete