Good evening everyone;
Just a quick update on the events of the day!!
Chemo #5 was today! That is significant because I now have ONLY ONE MORE.... so, Chemo #5 is HISTORY!!!! Yaayyyyy!!
I was talking to a friend at church yesterday telling her that I especially dreaded this round for some reason. Not sure why. Could be because the last one really got me... and they say it will get worse with each treatment. She said she is praying for me to be 'abnormal' (like I"m not already!!). She is praying for the treatments to become easier instead of harder on my body. She is praying for little to no side effects; and for speedy recovery.
Please join her!! There is a special event that I REALLLLYYYYY want to attend this weekend; and if this treatment is like the last one, I am so afraid I will miss it!!!!
Another exciting event today was that my drain tube also became HISTORY!!!! As you know, I've had leakage issues for a lot of the time since my surgery. I've had a drain tube for about a month. The fluid output has been very active; until the middle of last week, it began to slow down steadily. This morning before my dr. appointment, there was hardly any fluid output from over night. By the time I got to the doctor this afternoon, there wasn't hardly ANY fluid!!!! So; she removed the tube!! So; for the first time in a LONG while.... I am leak and tube FREEEEEE YAY!!!!!
My incision is healing well and the drain tube site seems to be doing well after the removal!!
Another exciting thing today is this: It seems that we are going to shoot for surgery the week of July 5. This will be to replace the tissue expander that had to be removed 3 weeks ago. AND (this is the exciting part)... she said there was no reason I couldn't go to the BEACH!!!!! YYYEEEE HAAAAAAA :)
As you can tell; things are doing/healing well. I go back in 2 weeks just for her to make sure there is no fluid building up, etc. After that, not real sure if I'll see her much before time for surgery.
Thank you, dear friends for your prayer support!! could not have made it this far without you!!
While we look at the word HISTORY as something that has happened in the past, and rightly so, we probably need to add a hyphen... HIS-STORY.... today has been a day of several HIS-STORIES.... Thank the LORD he is writing His story in my life!!!!
What story is HE writing in yours??? If he isn't; or you can't really tell, ask HIm!!
Until next time......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
May God continue to bless and watch over you always. Courage, strength, resounding Faith and a good healing ahead for you, leak free.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend and your trip to the Beach!
In Christ Love, Tomi & Glen
This is awesome.. so happy about all of it.. escpecially getting to go to the beach.
ReplyDeletelove ya
cheryl
Yea!!!! So glad the drain tube is history. Hope you are feeling good today. I had to work yesterday and then had to watch 24 last night so I'm just reading your post today.
ReplyDeleteWill continue praying for you, my friend. See you soon.
Leah
Praying for you! Love you.
ReplyDeleteahhh....the beach...just what the doctor ordered ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you five guys, all of you. Praying that you feel well, Krista, - make that darn good instead of well! and all have a great and safe time. Mary Sue and Neal
ReplyDelete