WOW... when you people pray, you don't mess around, do you???? THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for lifting the cry of my heart today!!
1. LOVED the entire office staff!! There was a PA we talked to for a long time. Her job was to outline all the various reconstructive choices, and she did a very good job of giving information and answering our questions.
2. Talked to the doctor and she was very down to earth and very 'caring'... I wasn't another file or way to make a buck. This was a plastic surgeon, but wanted what was best for me. Very honest, but gentle.
3. The doctor sent her nurse in, who (just 2 years ago) was faced with the decisions I'm facing. She spent about 30 minutes with us telling us the things she went thru as she made decisions.
I'd prayed for confirmation of decisions this morning, and goodness.... the nurse was the 'carrier' of that!! She said something (don't remember exactly) that led me to believe she was a Believer, so I told her that I'd prayed for confirmation, and she'd delivered it. She was happy to hear that, and it was just one of those moments that blew all of us away! Chris had on one of his ACTS 29 shirts, and she commented on it, and 'got it'.... she knew that WE were the 29th chapter of Acts. (look it up, if you have questions, ask me!!)
The children all made it home without incident, and we did, too. The travel back home for us was interesting, as the snow began to stick and the roads between Blue Ridge and Blairsville were pretty rough.
So, here is where we are:
~The office staff is in the process of scheduling surgery. It will be between 2-4 weeks before the actual date of surgery, just depends on when the schedules can be co-ordinated (2 surgeons, and OR time at Northside Hospital). I hope to know something by the end of the day tomorrow (Friday, 1/8/10)
~I will have probably just an overnight stay in the hospital and then I'll be on the way back to the mountains!
~I will meet with an oncologist next week to talk about the Chemo treatments I will most likely have to have. I will be doing this in Blue Ridge.
Again, thank you for your prayers! They were felt today as it has been quite the roller coaster!!
And..... Hug someone you love tonight!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad to hear the good news. You and your family are in my prayers. If I can do anything for you - like the cook/bake thing that you don't seem to do that much, I'll be happy to. Or, just send your kids to my house and I'll put them to work to give you peace :) Love ya!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlicia
I'm so thankful you found that confirmation you needed. God is so good like that. I'll be prayin for you, Chris T, Gabe, Kelsey, & Katie. Krista Miller, I sure do love you!
ReplyDeleteKrista....Keri passed this on to me....Please know I am praying for you and the entire family. The Lord will never give you anything you cannot handle, and I have a feeling he really trusts you to put this on your plate. Thanks for sharing this journey and always remember....
ReplyDeleteGod is great....
hey Krista...i'm Keri's neighbor (& friend!) and she sent me here. i'm so glad i can come here to read about your journey...thanks for sharing it with us and for putting your heart out there. i'm encouraged by your strength and your faith. praying that you will continue to trust him every step of the way and that you will know that he completely and utterly loves you! (and i hope to meet you some day!) :)
ReplyDeleteGirl,
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled for you. God is just showing you how much He loves you, my friend. Bask in His love, knowing that He is taking care of you.
Leah
We will continue to hold you in prayer...
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the day went well. Enjoy the snow day. Lifting you guys up in prayer.
ReplyDeleteI love you girl...you are such an inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are continuing to pray - Just remember - I can do all things through CHRIST which strengthenth me. We love you
ReplyDeleteHeard Priscilla Shirer say something this week about God showing off, it looks like he showed off for you! I am praising the Father now that things went well today and that the doctor and staff were a perfect fit.
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Cindy
Krista, you will definitely be in our prayers. We went through this with Elliott and had people praying for him from New Jersey all the way to Japan. Now the doctor says there is no trace of it in his body even though when they started treatment he was stage 4. When God heals, he does it completely. Just wish we weren't so far away. We love you guys...
ReplyDeleteJohn & Rosemary Godfrey
I'm so glad you got the confirmation you needed . I know how important that is to you and your guy. Isn't wonderful to know that whatever we go thru our FATHER is already there and that his love for us is endless. Rest in that love and allow him to give you strenght and peace. If you guys need anything you know where I am.
ReplyDeletelove all those Millers
Diane
I just read your blog about your doctors appointment. God is taking care of you and sent you a wonderful nurse. I will keep you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove, Kristin Wood
Praise the Lord!!! Philippians 4:13, o yes!!
ReplyDeleteWe are moving along just as you wanted.
Love you,Laura
I'm friends with Keri and just read your blog. My family went through a somewhat similar challenge this summer and at the time it seemed like the end of our world. Keep the faith and remember that our God will never fail us or give us more than we can handle. I know this is tough after everything y'all went through a couple of years ago. Our family went through the same thing then, too! I identify with everything you must be thinking and feeling! You'll come through this with stronger faith, a healed body, and the reminder of all of those friends and loved ones that care so much about you and are such great people of prayer.
ReplyDeleteI pray you'll find the strength and comfort you need every moment of every day.
Kathy
Praise God for his answered prayers. Will continue to lift you and the family up in prayer. May God continue to bless you and show you the way.
ReplyDeleteTodd
Papa and I will be praying and are ready to lend any help/support, whatever you need. I'm so thankful God has given you confirmation and peace. One of my favorite passages: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will GUARD your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I'll be praying for that peace to guard your hearts and your minds! We love you!
ReplyDelete