Here is the latest on my progress:
~Surgery was Jan. 20. Everything went very well.
~A Sentinal Node biopsy was done and there is NO CANCER in the nodes!! Praise be to the Father!!
~I spent a long time in recovery. Apparently I was sleeping good! And, we had to wait for my room to be ready. No problems!!
~I was able to sit up, visit with my family and friends and be alert. I so enjoyed that.
~I have very LITTLE pain! I have the pump that I can use, and have used it very little. This is no picnic, but NOTHING like I thought it would be.
~I have been up and around back and forth to the restroom. It feels good to walk and get up.
~I have seen the plastic surgeon this morning. she is very pleased with how well I am doing, and how the surgery went.
~I am being treated like a Queen... by everyone. The hospital staff is awesome... all of them!!
~I am surrounded by so many people who love me and am blown away by that.
~I've never really been able to say, "I have felt your prayers." UNTIL NOW.... and here is why:
~I was nervous only as I was being taken to the OR, and the dr. met me in there (of course) and saw the fear(or whatever) and held my hand until i went to sleep.
~I have been in VERY LITTLE pain.
~I have been so alert/awake since yesterday afternoon....
~I got a great night's sleep.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I stand in awe of the Great Physician. He is good, even when circumstances seem grim! He continues to prove Himself over and over.
So... Game is ON. Score:
Cancer 0; God ~ WON~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To God be the glory. Continuing to pray for you my friend.
ReplyDeleteHope your appetite is good. I'm bringing homemade chicken and dumplings to your house on Sunday!!!
Leah
So glad you have done well thru the surgery. Thank God you have minimal pain. Thinking about you and sending love your way!!!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
We love you and are praying for a speedy recovery and that you will soon be in your own home where things always feel better. Praising God for what He has already done for you. The Roxburys
ReplyDeleteThe task ahead of us is never as great as the POWER behind us..The "will of GOD never takes you to where the Grace of God will not protect you!
ReplyDeleteI am praying you have a safe, painless, trip home today...Love and prayers, Shirley
Praise the Lord! I am so very thankful you are doing well. I have been praying earnestly for you and your family. Wish I could see you and give you a hug(softly)!! Love you and will continue to pray for healing.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne D.
we are so glad you are over this part... we continue to pray for you and for your precious family...
ReplyDeleteGod is so good! All the time! What a wonderful report! Reading your blog is like sitting down and talking with you,Krista. Your enthusiasm and transparency shine through as those qualities did when you were a GA. Those days were special days, weren't they? Please know that I will continue to pray for you, Chris, and your wonderful children. Have a good week-end. Love you! Thelma G.
ReplyDeleteKrista, I have just dropped in from Cindy's blog. Praise God for this awesome report!!! Yes, the Lord is so good!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you, dear one! Hope in the Rock that is Christ our Lord! He will never leave you or fail you; no, not now or ever!
Love in Christ,
Andrea
P.S. I am a pastor's wife in Huntsville, Alabama, but Gainesville is my hometown.
So glad to hear that everything is going well! I was very surprised to hear that you have been talking on the phone to friends already and even on the computer! God is good. Take care and prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHey hon!
ReplyDeleteJust so you know - I LOVE YOU!!!! You are so totally my hero!!!!!
I can't help it but everytime I think of you and all of this or read where someone else has joined in for prayer or sent you good wishes or just told you they were thinking about you I tear up. I am so amazed at the hand of God allowing so many wonderful people to speak into your life during all of this. I don't know why I'm amazed because He's God and we aren't but amazed I am!!!!
Prayers are still going up for all of you but we all know who is in control of this and, I for one, am glad to let HIM be in control!!!
Kim
Strength, Courage and Peace only come from people of FAITH! Thank you for allowing me to witness your journey. May God's blessing be upon you and your family always and in all ways.
ReplyDelete