Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recovery is .......

Well, there are many words to describe a time of recovery. Some of them are frustrating; painful; peaceful, restful; scary.
As I've mentioned before, I AM victorious just may not be a pretty road of getting there.

I continue to be amazed at how well I am doing following surgery. I was a little disappointed when I first got home because my pain levels were a little higher than they had been in the hospital, but as I've learned out to navigate things around home, that has improved.

It has also been a little scary as I don't have the little button to push for the nurse to magically show up. God has provided, however, an arsenal of friends who happen to be nurses/doctors. So far, I've been 'checked out' every day since I've been home!!
I have been treated like a queen and have continued to do well.
I've tried very hard to do things on my own that I probably should have tried, and have been reprimanded by my nursing staff (Chris and Keri). I'm reminded constantly what it means for my weakness to be His strength.

I am also amazed by the outpouring of love, compassion, and concern that has been shown to us.....

I go on Monday for a follow up visit with the Plastic Surgeon. Not really looking forward to the trip down there, but know that it is necessary. Please pray for our travel there and back. It takes about 2 hours each way. Please pray for Chris as he doesn't really love driving with a 'paitent' in the car. Please pray for my visit that the doctor will find my progress pleasing.

Thank you everyone for your continued encouragement!!!!

10 comments:

  1. One day at a time sweet Jesus, and in time you will feel even better than brand new because your trust in God will have grown beyond measure from this experience. The Lord has you in the hallow of his hand protecting,and seeing you through each day.
    There are so many of us that love you and are praying for you, just keep your eyes up towards heaven at your mighty healer. He is faithful to carry you through.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura. It is one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow. Take care of today and know that each day you are getting better and growing stronger.

    Listen to your caregivers. They see things you don't.

    Know that we are all praying for you and loving you with our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista
    Please be gentle with yourself. To contrast changes in health care know that I was in the hospital for 5 days 12 years ago following the same surgery. I found carrying a pillow in the car made me feel safe when going home for the first time. Pain does flucuate and do whatever it takes to be comfortable. I remember feeling a little lost when I first came home - missing the expert care and attention - you will grow in confidance as time goes on. It took me almost a week to start feeling myself again.
    Blessings, Cynthia L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting good care. Listen to the good advice about not overdoing and allowing others to do things for you. They REALLY want to! Lots of folks are praying for you and loving you! Thanks for keeping us updated!

    I love you and pray continually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I got to see you Friday afternoon..Just had to "see for myself" that you were doing OK ...I hope the trip today is not too tiring for you...Let your "staff" take care of you..You have a wonderful "back up" with God leading the way! You are a prayer away constantly with me...The blog is our lifeline to you when you feel like responding....Your class sends their love!! Me Too! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hon,

    I know you've heard from everyone already but PLEASE take this time and let everyone do what they can for you while you get your strength AND your confidence back.

    God is our strength but He is also our refuge which means that sometimes we run to Him and REST - so rest in the care He has so graciously provided and know that HE is with you all the way through this.

    I love you - wish I could be there to help Chris and Keri but I know you are in GREAT hands!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good to see you yesterday. You look good. Just continue to let others take care of you and don't overdue it. Hope your visit to the doctor's today was a good one. Call me if you need me.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey girlfriend. Just remember what we learned in "Experiencing God". He is at work and in control and you are never safer than in His hands. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better. Have had you on my mind and in my prayers. See you soon.Pam Ouzts

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day at a time My sweet friend. I love you and can't wait to see you on Thursday. Mom and I are doing dinner.Prayers and Hugs......~Stacy

    ReplyDelete