Over the past few weeks, this whole idea of 'transparency' has been brewing in my pea brain. I'm really not sure why; but it has. Part of the reason I've thought about it is I've asked myself the question, "Why did you even start this blog?" Answers I've come up with are: Hmmmm, I don't know; To keep people posted on my progress; to bring attention to myself; and those pretty much sum up what I"ve wrestled with.
Those of you who know me well, know that I do not like attention being drawn to myself; and it makes me quite uncomfortable when it is.
Several of you have left comments saying what and 'inspiration' this blog has been. Not sure that was my aim, but if it has been, that is alright!!
As I've traveled this journey thus far, physically and emotionally, there have been some really great days, and some really not so great days. On one of those not so great days is when this word, "Transparency" popped into my head.
I have finally realized, come to the conclusion that; in order to be transparent, there has to be some darkness and some light. So, there you go. Chew on that for a little while!!
Have you ever been to the point where you were afraid to pray, "Whatever it takes, Lord; I'll do what you want!"? That can be scary. Do we really mean that? Or, do we mean, "Whatever it takes as long as I don't lose anything or become bothered during the process."
My point is this: In order for others to see what the Light is that shines for others to through the person; there must be a contrast of that light, which is dark. I am not meaning good vs. evil; but... Anything that allows LIGHT to shine through darkness. In my case, breast cancer/chemo. In others cases it might be the loss of a job; a death of a loved one; difficult situations. So... are YOU transparent?
As I have the countdown to chemo..... I am afraid that I'm becoming more and more transparent:
I do not want to do chemo.
I want to know exactly what will happen (impossible)
I want to know that I won't have horrid side effects like so many have shared that I 'will' have.
I want to be assured of everything being alright.
So, as I was hit by the 2x4 of 'transparency' I realize that me having those wants listed above would not allow any light to show through at all.... So, again, I ask you for your prayers.
Please pray that God's hand will continue to be upon every phase of my remaining healing/treatments.
Please pray for my precious family that we'll be able to handle with grace what is before us, whatever that is.
Please pray that I can look at this as an opportunity rather than a 'sentence'....
Thanks, friends!!!
And, finally.... I wonder: Are YOU transparent? Do you have THE light shining from behind or within you? What are others seeing as they see within you? Is it Jesus? If not... might ought to change the bulb!!!
Tuesday, March 2 will be my first chemo treatment. I will have a total of 6 treatments, each being 3 weeks apart. THere really isn't any 'progress' to report until then, unless something happens. So.... until Tuesday.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Krista,
ReplyDeleteEven though I haven't known you long, and have known you mostly through facebook, you have touched my life with your determination, your positive outlook, your faith, and your friendship. I know that all things happen for a purpose, and we often question why God "allows" these things to happen to us. However, your experiences have been a testimony to your faith in God, and some of those lives might not have seen such unfailing faith had they not known you through this time in your life.
I pray that God keeps his hands upon you throughout the upcoming weeks, that he eases your discomforts and helps your family to deal with the stress of it all. Please know that I am always here for you, no matter what time of the day or night, should you ever need someone to listen or just to pray. God bless you Krista!
Your transparency through this blog has definitely reflected Jesus.
ReplyDeleteit made me think this morning.. Why did I get placed in Virginia? God definitely provided a job.. for awhile. I have seen His provision. We may not be living large, but on the other hand, we have all we need. Our Journey through Elliott's cancer proved beyond a doubt the power of prayer. The dark days of cancer and chemo treatments have been replaced by the light of the words "CANCER FREE- NOT A TRACE" everytime he has a checkup. We don't know why God does things the way he does. No one can know the mind of God..that's why He is GOD and we aren't. He did not promise us a life free from pain and darkness, but in Ps.23, we have the promise that he goes through the valley with us, and even better, He is already waiting in the light on the other side. Krista, wish I could tell you this was going to be a walk in the park, but I can't. I can tell you that you don't go alone. Besides a loving family, you have many friends praying for you & as a Christian, you have The Great Physician on your side. You will get through this and will be a stronger witness to the Grace of God for it. If we never had the valleys, how could we appreciate the mountaintops? And if we never had any problems, how would we know how good God's grace is? (Through it All by Bill Gaither).
ReplyDeleteGo with God my sister, know His loving arms are wrapped tight around you on this journey.
Oh Krista... again the Lord is using you to shed light into hearts... again He has used you to stir us up and remind us of what's important.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
And we are praying and continue to pray for the days ahead. We will celebrate all the milestones with you, no matter how small. You are not alone. The Lord is with you and so are we.
May He bless you today with peace in your spirit and rest for your soul.
Krista,
ReplyDeleteI started to make a comment and it got too long so I'm gonna email you what I originally wrote.
For right now, just know that YOU are exactly where God needs you to be for HIS purposes. How can I say that knowing that you are facing some pretty large unknowns? Because Jeremiah 29:11 tells me that HE knows the plans HE has for us and they are good plans with an expected end.
Trust that God knows what He's doing and when the trouble comes He will send answers, comfort and peace in just the right measure.
I love you and I'm praying and as always, if there is ANYTHING I can do, I'm just a phone call away.