Saturday, September 4, 2010

Surgery update

Hello friends and neighbors!
I wanted to let you know that I'm doing GREAT!!  NOTHING like the last surgery.  I am in no pain, but I"m very sore.  As long as I stay still it is all fine!!  I can get out of the recliner all by myself!!  (That is HUGE because it took a while last time!

I'm sure the ride home yesterday was a bit comical, because I just could NOT keep my eyes open! I tried and tried, but just couldn't!!  I would sleep for just a few minutes and when I'd wake up it seemed like I had been sleeping for hours!!

The doctor was pleased with how everything went. If I am remembering right (and that is afar fetch at some points the last day or so)... she removed a good bit of scar tissue, positioned the tissue expander and was able to put more fluid in than was anticipated.

You will get a kick out of this:  When got in there, she found some fluid that had built up over time! It wasn't much, but cracked me up kind of. She did send the fluid to the lab, so we'll see what it turns out to be!!

I have a follow up visit on Tuesday with the surgeon.  I also have my herceptin 'treatment'... along with that, they are putting magnesium into my drip.  This, hopefully, will help with my energy levels.

I will return to school on Wednesday!

Thanks for all the prayers!!  Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yippe, God!! So glad that all went well. Yell if there is anything you need.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you. Glad to hear things are going well this time around.

    ReplyDelete